The East Valley Boys & Girls Club is a multiservice agency dedicated to promoting the physical, mental and moral wellbeing of youth by providing guidance, educational and recreational activities to the youth and their families of this and surrounding communities.
- Our Club was founded on the following beliefs which guide all activities, programs and staff. A safe place to learn and grow.
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals.
- Life-enhancing programs and character-development exercises.
- Hope and opportunity.
Youth Development Strategy:
Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of boys and girls by instilling in them:
- A Sense of Competence - the feeling there is something they can do and do well.
- A Sense of Usefulness - the opportunity to do something of value for other people.
- A Sense of Belonging - a setting where young people know they "fit" and are accepted.
- A Sense of Power or Influence - a chance to be heard and to influence decisions.
This Youth Development Strategy, when fully implemented, not only helps to enhance members' self-esteem but also creates an environment in which boys and girls can achieve their full potential.